Last week we reported on the continuation of the Gay Purge in Chechnya. Violence in the region seems to be intensifying. A list of 27 men has been released, all of whom have been reported to have been killed without trial or judicial process.
Novaya Gazeta, a Russian newspaper who first reported on the arrest and torture of gay men in April, has released the list of names. According to Novaya Gazeta, the men were executed without trial and then “taken to various cemeteries, including Christian ones, where they were buried in hastily dug graves.”
The newspaper, which is considered to be anti-Putin and fairly liberal, criticizes the government’s response to the crisis in the region.
“Today it is obvious that the Investigative Committee of Russia is losing ground on this situation.
“That is why we publish the list of those who, according to our information, were victims of the worst possible extrajudicial executions in Grozny.
“And now the investigation, which has a lack of living of witnesses, will have to deal with the special witnesses.
“Because only the dead have nothing to fear in Chechnya.”
Below is the list of names. As you can see, many are quite young.
- Abdulmezhidov Adam Isaevich, born 27.5.1987
- Abumuslimov Apti Hasanovic, born 02.06.1989, Shali, Street School, 16.
- Abdulkerimov Side Ramzan Ramzanovich, born 25.03.1990, registered at the village of Kurchaloy, street Dohtukaeva 18.
- Alimhanov Islam Aliev, born 6.7.1998
- Abubakarov Adam Dzhabrailovich, born 05.05.1995
- Bergan Ismail Shadidovich, born 19.08.1998
- Dasaev Adam Ilyasovich, DOB 16/06/1988, Shali.
- Dzhabayev Zelimhan Hizirovich, born 12.18.1993
- Ilyasov Adam Huseynovich, born 22.09.1997
- Lugano Rizwan Saeed-Hamzatovich, DOB 13/09/1987, Shali.
- Malikov Rizwan Agdanovich, born 01.06.1990
- Musk ICYE Turpalovich, DOB 19/07/1988, registered at the village of Tsotsi-Yurt, New Street, 10.
- Muskhanov Temirlan Ahmadovich, born 28.4.1986 Shali Chicherina Street, 2.
- Ozdiev Usman Vahaevich, DOB 12/24/1989, registered at the town of Shali, Grozny street, 39.
- Rashidov Doc Ibrahimovic, born 30.05.1995
- Siriev Magomed Musaevich, born 23.02.1993
- Soltahmanov Ismail Ezer-Aliyev, born 30.03.1994, registered at the village Mairtup street Nuradilova.
- Suleymanov Magomed Arbievich, DOB 01/03/1987, Shali village Caucasus, 8, Apartment 4.
- Tuchaev Ahmed Ramzanovich, born 23.02.1987, Shali, Street School, 30.
- Habu Khamzat Slaudinovich 14.02. Born 1993
- Khakimov Alvi Aslambekovich, 16.11. Born in 1992
- Hamidov Shamil Ahmedovich, born 14.11.1986
- Tsikmaev Sultanovich Ayoub, born 02.04.1984, the village Germenchuk, Youth Street.
- Shapiev Muslim Isaevich, born 28.11.1989, registered at the town of Shali, the street Kutuzov, 12.
- Eskarbiev Sayhan Vahamsoltovich, born 23.5.1992
- Yusupov Sahab Marshak, born 19.1.1990
- Yusupov Shamhan Shayhovich, DOB 17/06/1988, registered at the village of Kurchaloy, ul. Sovetskaya, 11.
It is still unclear whether the mass execution, which is believed to have claimed more than 56 lives, is directly linked to the gay purge that continues in Chechnya.
The Chechen government continues to deny the existence of a gay purge in the region, despite numerous reports and eye-witness accounts.